Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here's the Scoop...

                                                     Flowers from my mom



The oncologist told me last Friday that my blood cancer marker number had gone up from 52 to 73; it's not high enough to warrant immediate treatment. She recommended waiting three months and running the tests again. She also said that I have multiple fractures in my back. That's probably why they are having me take monthly treatments of Zometa, a drug that is used for osteoporosis and bone mestastasis (just had one yesterday). I have started researching online the different medications I am taking, so I can be more informed and able to talk with my doctors and make decisions. Found a web site called MediGuard.com, which gives information about possible and known drug interactions.

Next subject of research: How to help strengthen and heal bones naturally.   :)

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  ~Isa 41:10

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for lower numbers at the next test.
    I have read that dandelion tea, Vit D, low doses of Vit K and Maganese are all good for treating osteoporosis. Brussel sprouts are a great source of Vit K. Oh and avoid milk (fortified, pasteurized milk anyway, I would think raw would be very different). I know the dairy council has spent millions advertising milk as a preventative for osteoporosis but the calcium in milk is not readily absorbed... anyway... I pray all else is well with you both!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Camarell! I just did start adding vitamin D to my regimen. I had read an article some time ago about cancer patients who are diagnosed in the warmer months having better survival rates, maybe because of being out in the sunshine more. And Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. :-)

    ReplyDelete